Accreditation – A Sign of Excellence
Carroll Lutheran Village is committed to delivering high quality services to those we serve. We are equally committed to maintaining a high level of quality standards for business practice. Carroll Lutheran Village has been accredited by CARF since 1991.
What is CARF?
CARF International is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services providers in the areas of Aging Services, Behavioral Health, Child and Youth Services, Durable Medical Equipment, Employment and Community Services, Medical Rehabilitation, Opioid Treatment Programs, and Vision Rehabilitation Services. CARF assists service providers in improving the quality of their services by applying sets of quality standards during an on-site survey.
When a service or program is CARF accredited, it means it has undergone an in-depth review of its services and demonstrated substantial conformance to the CARF standards during the on-site survey. The service or program has demonstrated its commitment to delivering quality services that focus on your needs and preferences.
Accreditation is a commitment that we strive to:
- Respect individual cultural preferences.
- Be accountable to our funding sources, referral agencies, and the community at large.
- Address health and safety concerns, such as building safety and emergency preparedness.
- Maintain management practices that are efficient, cost-effective, and based on outcomes and consumer satisfaction.
What does that mean for you?
- Persons served and their families look for organizations that are accredited as a sign of quality when looking for services.
- Accreditation is evidence to persons served that an organization has demonstrated its commitment to encouraging feedback, continuously improving services, enhancing performance, and managing risk.
- Persons served and their families can be confident that services will be focused on their unique needs.
What are the benefits of being CARF accredited?
The benefits of conformance to the CARF standards can be realized by both the organization and those it serves.
For the organization, CARF accreditation is a catalyst for continuous quality improvement. CARF surveyors apply a consultative, rather than inspective, approach. They bring with them not only their own wisdom, but also the experience of similar organizations to promote quality within the industry.
For the consumer, choosing a CARF-accredited program or service can provide confidence that an organization is consumer focused and has met international standards for service delivery.
For more information about CARF International, the standards, or the survey process, visit www.carf.org