June 27, 2014 – The 17th Annual Carroll Lutheran Village Golf Tournament was held on June 6, 2014 at The Links at Gettysburg. The event raised $125,000 and reached a milestone with over $1,000,000 total raised over the past 17 years to support the Ministry of Caring, which provides assistance to residents of Carroll Lutheran Village who have outlived their financial resources.
The event featured 18-holes of golf, a live auction and a raffle. Raffle winners were drawn on Thursday, June 5 at Carroll Lutheran Village and were Bonnie Barnes, Mitzie Lepka, and Delores Sheeler.
The tournament features six age divisions. The Open Division is for men ages 49 and under; the Senior Division is for men ages 50-59; the Super-Senior Division is for men ages 60-69; the Gold Division is for men ages 70-79; the Platinum Division is for men ages 80 or older; and the Iron Ladies Division is for women of any age.
Winners from the day include:
- Putting Contest: The team of Jim Emmons, Andrew Gear, Suzy Dyer-Gear, and George White
- Closest to the Pin: Sarah Lentz, Herbert Coss, Roy Chiavacci, Gene Eyler, Bill Yost and Alex Kane
- Longest Drive: Lola Kayler, Bob Bare, Nick Delia, Jim Emmons, Carl Freedman, Bob Edmondson
- Open Division: First place – Brandon Myers, second place – Alex Kane
- Senior Division: First place – Brian Etzler, second place – George Hasser
- Super-Senior Division: First place – Jeff Yates, second place – Allen Wells
- Gold Division: First Place – Nick Delia, second place – Roy Chiavacci
- Platinum Division: First place – Bob Bare, second place – Frank Schaefer
- Iron Ladies: First place – Sarah Lentz, second place – Rhonda Blackburn
In fiscal year 2013, the Ministry of Caring fund provided more than $2 million in support to residents of Carroll Lutheran Village with need. This funding is supported through philanthropic gifts and fundraising, including the annual golf tournament.
The 18th Annual Carroll Lutheran Village Golf Tournament is scheduled for Friday, June 19 at The Links at Gettysburg. Contact Monica at 443-605-1068 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Carroll Lutheran Village is a not-for-profit accredited continuing care retirement community in Westminster that includes 398 homes and apartments, 50 assisted living suites in the Diven House and 103 skilled nursing beds in the Health Care Center.