July 9, 2014 – Six student employees at Carroll Lutheran Village have been awarded scholarships for their undergraduate educations by the residents of the Village. The scholarships were presented to the students on July 9 at a reception with residents.To qualify, student employees must have worked at least 1,000 hours at Carroll Lutheran Village and plan to enroll full-time in college in the fall. Each will receive $500 per semester for up to eight semesters. The scholarship program is funded exclusively by donations from residents of Carroll Lutheran Village to show appreciation for the quality of service provided by the students.
The 2014 recipients are:
- Matthew Kavanagh of Finksburg
- Julie Ann Nool of Westminster
- Andrea Sebastian of Westminster
- Samantha Shiloh of New Windsor
- Bradford Yingling of Gettysburg, Pa.
- Madison Zent-Burton of Westminster
Since its inception in 2000, the program has awarded more than $152,500 in scholarships to 93 students.