Fish en Papillote
1 shallot – finely diced
2 tbsp. butter – softened
1 tbsp. fresh dill – chopped
2 cups asparagus – sliced
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 zucchini – sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut two long pieces of parchment paper, each about 18 inches long.
2. In a small mixing bowl, mash together the butter, shallot, dill, and lemon zest. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Prepare the parchment packet by placing half of the veggies on one side of the parchment paper. Place a flounder fillet on top of the veggies, followed by half of the shallot butter. Put lemon slices on top of the fillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and add some fresh sprigs of dill if desired. Fold the other side of the parchment paper on top of the veggies and fish and roll in the edges to form a packet. Repeat with the other piece of parchment and the rest of the ingredients.
4. Transfer the packets to a baking sheet and then to the oven. Let them bake for approximately 15 to 18 minutes. For reference, flounder needs about 8 to 10 minutes of baking time per inch of thickness, so you may need more or less cooking time depending on the size of your fillets.
5. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and slice open the packets with a knife carefully. They will be hot. Eat your meal right out of the packet or transfer the fish and veggies to a plate. Enjoy!