This delightful and easy citrus vinaigrette recipe will add some extra vitamin C and a little zing to your meals.
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine the first six ingredients in small jar, with lid.
- With the lid on, shake well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and store in refrigerator.
Learn about vitamin C – its benefits, recommended daily intake, vitamin C deficiency and food sources – from What’s Cooking? Vitamin C.
About the Author
Carol Valle is the dietician at Carroll Lutheran Village. She has been working at CLV since 2018.